Saturday, October 10, 2015

DIY: Indian Corn Wreath

Isn't it just gorgeous? I love adding fall colors together with burlap. (But then again fall has always been my fav season)
Anyways, its quite simple. I bought corn, bought some burlap (a roll got me through with some left over!), and got a WIRE wreath. I'm gonna say from the get go, HOT GLUE GUN. Please have one because this calls for plenty of it.

Here is the supplies and directions (don't rush)
 
My fails and lessons:
So from this project I've learned you always use a wire wreath. (It's sturdy and won't fall off your door... as well as take plenty of teeth out of the corn...) as well as be sure to wrap burlap around the wreath and glue it down about every 2-3 wrap arounds otherwise the burlap may just sag due to the heavy corn, (go figure) and be sure to be careful around the hot glue gun, the contents are hot and you may burn your thumb and have a big white whelp on it... (hmm..) And lastly, have patience and your wreath will be gorgeous in no time.

 Supplies:
  • Burlap (one roll gave me enough with plenty extra)
  • Indian Corn (I did about 15 and had 4 to save, but that is completely up to how much burlap you want showing through the wreath, I wanted a little but not a lot.)
  • WIRE wreath. ( I can't tell you how heavy that corn will be on that wreath, so please, make sure your foundation-whatever wreath you choose to use- is going to be sturdy enough to hold it)
  • Hot glue gun
  • ATLEAST 4-5 glue sticks (I know- a lot)
  • PATIENCE!!

Directions:
  1. I started out by wrapping some burlap all around my wire wreath, and glued it at the end, but learn from my mistakes and glue ever so often to make sure the burlap does not sag when it is hung up on your door.
  2. once you hot glued the burlap around the wire move your corn around and see where you want certain colors and where you want what, being SURE to leave a nice gab at the top where your gorgeous burlap bow will go. (as well where your wreath holder will slide through)
  3. Make sure you have a evenly spaced circle so that all the points of the corn are making a perfect circle in the middle
  4. once you figured our your color pattern grab one corn at a time and glue from the tip of the corn to the butt of the corn (NOT THE HUSK) and quickly press it onto the wreath and do that for all the corn.
  5. disperse the husks so they fan out
  6. If you have a medium-small sized front door like me you may want to cut the husks down fairly well so that it will fit on the door.
  7. Tie your pretty bow!
  8. hang it up!
  9. and now, Admire your work of art.
Thanks for reading lovelies! have fun crafting and can't wait to hear about your wreaths!


-------Allie--

No comments:

Post a Comment